Vietnam Work Visa for Foreigners
If you intend to work in Vietnam, you will need a Vietnam work visa. This document allows a foreign national to work legally in Vietnam.
What is Vietnam work Visa?
A Vietnam work visa is a document issued by the Vietnamese government that allows a foreign national to work legally in Vietnam. It is required for all foreign nationals who want to work in Vietnam for more than 3 months.
The working visa for foreigners in Vietnam is symbolized as LD1 and LD2:
- LD1 – to be granted to foreigners who come to work in Vietnam with work permit exemption certificate, unless otherwise provided for in international treaties to which Vietnam is a member.
- LD2 – to be granted to foreigners who must have work permit to work in Vietnam.
This work Vietnam visa is valid for up to 02 years and can be extended. But in case the work permit is valid for less than 1 year, the validity of the corresponding work visa is equal to that of the work permit.
Visa Exemption policy is only eligible for the purpose of Tourism and Business, not eligible for working.
Here are some of the requirements for a foreign national to obtain a Vietnam work visa:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid passport
- Have a valid work permit
- Have a medical certificate
- Have a police clearance certificate
- Have a letter from their employer stating the position and salary
To apply for a Vietnam work visa, the foreign national must first obtain a work permit from the Vietnamese Department of Labor, Invalids, and Social Affairs (DOLISA). The work permit application must be submitted by the foreign national's employer in Vietnam.
How to get Vietnam Work Visa?
To get a work visa for Vietnam, both the entity where the foreigner works and the foreigner himself/herself should follow 04 steps below:
Step 1: The sponsor company in Vietnam prepares the required documents as follow
- Operation license of the company of the company/office where the foreigner is working for (it can be the Business registration certificate, or investment license, or operation license of a branch or representative office)
- Certificate of seal specimen or Statement of Seal Use by the Company;
- Form NA16 – Registration form for the seal and signature of the legal representative of the enterprise operating in Vietnam;
- Form NA5 – Application for visa, visa extension, extension of stay for foreigners in Vietnam. You can download it here;
- 01 3*4cm photo of the foreign worker;
- Work permit or work permit exemption certificate of the foreign worker;
- Copy of valid passport of the foreign worker;
Step 2: Submit the documents
Representative of the entity where the foreigner is working for will submit the documents mentioned above at the Vietnam Immigration Department or the Immigration Office under the Department of Public Security in city or province where its head office is based.
After submitting the documents and paying the visa fee, the submitter will receive an appointment note stating the expected date to receive the visa processing result.
Step 3: Receive the work visa letter for Vietnam
The company’s representative, on the appointed date, will visit the Immigration department/office to receive the visa letter (if issued).
Step 4: Receive the visa and pay fee
The foreign worker will submit the following documents at the nearest Vietnam Embassy/ Consulate, and pay to get the work visa stamped.
- Form NA1 – Vietnamese Visa Application attached with 3x4cm photo
- Original valid passport
- Copy of the visa letter issued by the Immigration Department/Office of Vietnam
How Long does it Takes to Get a Work Visa for Vietnam
The processing time of a request for work visa by the Vietnam Immigration Department/Office is normally 05 working days since receipt of full required documents.
- The Vietnam work visa is valid for up to 2 years and can be renewed once.
- Applying for a work visa requires a work permit.
- With a work visa, one can apply for a temporary residence card.
If you are a foreign national who wants to work in Vietnam, you should contact your employer in Vietnam to find out the specific requirements for obtaining a work visa.
Posted by Beetrip | Tue, Sep 05, 2023